Thursday, August 4, 2011

Introducing: The Young Folk


Dublin five-piece The Young Folk were on my radar at KnockanStockan recently and they impressed me quite a bit. Rattling through their set, they performed with a level of confidence and assurance that befits only a group of extremely talented, like-minded musicians and the crowd lapped it up. 

Anthony Furey's vocals are the linchpin of the operation here, his smooth and powerful tones wrapping themselves around a number of folk anthems, each imbued with a slight country twist and a general fondness for a stirring, throat-clearing melody. They're more than capable of making a nice breakthrough with these tunes.

Both of these tracks are taken from the album I've Been Here Before... which is available now from Bandcamp.

Breaking Tunes // MySpace // Facebook 

  Sad Day by TheYoungFolk 

  Way Down South by TheYoungFolk

1 comment:

  1. I like! Nice choons! Raging I missed them at the 'palooza!!!

    ReplyDelete